setting defaultFolder in V8

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Mon Apr 18 13:40:10 EDT 2016

Folks:
I was just trying to get a list of folders in version 8 rc1, OSX El Capitan. It doesn’t seem to set the defaultFolder, so I can’t get a list of folders.

I do:
on mouseUp

	put appNavParams["home"]["path"]&"/ appStacks/lessonsstacks" into lessonsPath

	set the defaultFolder to lessonsPath

	put the defaultFolder into tPath

	put the detailed folders into tLessons

p	ut the files into tFiles

end mouseUp

The defaultFolder is set to the engine path and isn’t changed to the value I set it to. This is the same in DP16. When I list the files, it always shows the files in the engine folder.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Best,
Bill

William Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Emeritus
prothero at earthednet.org