8.0.0 RC 1 Text Properties all gone?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Apr 18 06:15:16 EDT 2016

On 18/04/2016 03:28, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/17/2016 3:12 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
>> The dropdown under font shows
>>
>> (Default)
>> (Menu)
>> (Message)
>> (Styled Text)
>> (System)
>>
>> These make no sense and do nothing. On selection they just post the
>> selection to the field.
>> Eg. If you select “(Menu) then “(Menu)” goes to the top and nothing
>> happens.
>>
>> What happen to loading the current set of active system fonts?
>
> The font dropdown should probably show more than five lines. I have
> someo hundreds of fonts installed, and scrolling to see them all is
> tedious. All your installed fonts should be under the new entries.
>
> My interpretation of the new font entries is that if you assign, for
> instance, "(System)" to a field, it will inherit the default system font
> for the OS currently running. You probably don't see any change because
> the IDE has already assigned that as the default font, but if you run
> the stack on Windows you'll see the Windows system font instead. I'm not
> sure what (Styled Text) or (Message) would do.

Hi Jacque,

On most of the systems LiveCode supports, there isn't just a single
system user interface font; there are several, to be used in different
situations.

For example, on OS X, the system font to be used in user text fields
(Styled Text) is different from the system font to be used on Buttons
(Message).

                                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>