Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sun Apr 17 12:30:45 EDT 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote
> Like Devin said, almost everything I look at needs at least a minor
> tweak. I was just reading the encrypt entry. It's missing examples, but
> I don't know enough about encryption to add meaningful ones. If you do,
> that'd be great.

Thanks Jackie, sorry it took so long to get around to this. I have used
encrypt extensively, but only in a very narrow/limited way. Here is an
attempt at providing an example. Please, anyone, jump in and let me know if
you think it can be improved/changed. I've probably strayed from the usual
narrow format of an example...

Examples

encrypt myData using cipher with password myPassword

the following takes a file from disk, stores it in a variable, encrypts the
result,
then writes the file back to disk.

put URL ("binfile:" & path2input) into myData
encrypt myData using "aes-256-cbc" with password "@&#12993f"
put it into URL ("binfile:" & path2output)

It is also possible to write the result back to the
same file as the input source.

To obtain a list of cipher names type the following into the message box:
put the cipherNames

Again, I am open to suggestion as to how this could be improved before I
submit it.

Cheers,

Mark