Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Thu Apr 14 15:40:01 EDT 2016

Thanks for the kind words Dave.

The project involved using WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions.

WooCommerce Subscriptions has numerous hooks that we could tie into
everything depending on the event (e.g. Person activates a subscription)
and CURL was used to pass that information to the LiveCode scripts. It was
a bit of a process to get the necessary fields.

There are a couple of ways to integrate LiveCode and WordPress (interact
with content from WordPress), it just depends on what you are wanting to
do. E.g. WordPress has the WP Rest API (https://github.com/WP-API/WP-API).
That is probably one of the better options if you want LiveCode to interact
with WordPress. WooCommerce also has its own API aswell.

If you want WordPress to interact with LiveCode you have a good number of
options aswell. We created a simple LiveCode script that data could get
posted to via CURL. There are other options - some of them depend on the
PHP/hosting settings and curl is what worked best.

Simon