Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Apr 14 02:07:52 EDT 2016

> on mouseUp
>   put the htmltext of widget 1 of stack "revDictionary" into tText
>   filter lines of tText with "*<h1 style=" & quote & "margin:0px 0px 30px
> 12px" & quote & ">*"
>   get matchText(tText,".+>(.+?)</h1>",tName)
>   replace " " with "-" in tName
>   get matchText(tText,">type</div><div class=.+?([_a-z]+)</div><div"
> ,tType)
>   ask "Please enter your GItHub fork name:" with "fork-name" titled "Fork
> Name"
>   put it into tAnswer
>   if (tAnswer = empty) then
>      exit to top
>   end if
>   put "https://github.com/" & tAnswer & \
>         "/livecode/blob/community-docs/docs/dictionary/" & \
>         tType & "/" & tName & ".lcdoc" into tPath
>   launch URL tPath
> end mouseUp
>

> If you think figuring out which doc the Dictionary is currently viewing was
> going to be hard, then the future is indeed looking very bright :-)

Well I actually just said I wasn’t sure but it appears it isn’t all that tricky. I’d possibly like something that might be less inclined to break in future releases though.

Actually you don’t need your username here because when editing you want to go to the main repo’s community-docs branch rather than yours, edit and github will create a branch in your fork for your changes which you then use for the PR. An “Edit on GitHub” button on the docs stack would be a nice way to resolve my concerns about the branch stuff that appears to be causing headaches there.

Cheers

Monte