Plugins vs. the Mac app bundle

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Wed Apr 13 22:55:47 EDT 2016

> On Apr 13, 2016, at 9:57 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> If you want to share your code here I'll bet we can pin down which part triggers the "dirty" flag.
>
> Since you've already scripted your changes, having them run in a plugin on startup rather than attempting to alter the bundle contents will make everything work well, once we take care of that save prompt.
>
> But I know it's doable:  my devolution plugin makes a lot of changes to revMenubar on startup, and I've not seen a save prompt yet.  I'll bet we can figure out how to tailor your script to do the same.

Thank you for the prompt Richard,

After reading your reply I went through the stack I was using and realized that I was writing the changes back to the stack in the app bundle, which I think is why it was setting the revMenuBar stack as dirty, when I changed it to just updating the stack in memory everything is working fine now. I took the opportunity to clean up the script and made it into a new plugin and so far I’m happy with the result and no need to alter the app bundle permissions.

Thank you once again for the help pointing me in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Paul