[ANN] Release 8.0.0 RC 1

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Wed Apr 13 15:36:56 EDT 2016

Here’s an issue I’m seeing with LC 8.0.0 RC 1 on OS X that I have not seen previously.

When I launch LC 8.0.0 RC 1 on OS X I get the 'You downloaded this application from the Internet…' security dialog.
Usually you just click OK and never see that dialog again. At least that was the case with earlier versions of LC.
However, I get it every time I launch LC 8.0.0.

If anyone else is experiencing this, here’s how to fix it.
Select the LC 8.0.0 RC 1 app in Finder.
Get Info (command-I).
Change the app’s security settings from ‘Read Only’ to 'Read & Write.'
The next time you launch LC 8 RC 1, you will again get the security dialog, but not on subsequent launches.

Jim Lambert