Choose Browse Tool with click

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Apr 12 21:41:04 EDT 2016

My application is basically a specialized classroom presentation tool much like basic Apple Keynote or Powerpoint (text and images) with buttons that do things like play edited audio and video. So in many ways I’m reproducing the LC IDE in a runtime, but simplified for the user.

So I’m investigating if I can make the mode change from editing/modifying controls to browse simpler.

I was overjoyed to discover the cantSelect property recently.

I’m seeing that LC is truly able to do what Richard Gaskin quoted Bill Appleton saying about Supercard—create authoring environments.

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA