[ANN] Release 8.0.0 RC 1 (Linux)

G.W.Gaich gWolfgang at gaich.de
Tue Apr 12 17:23:27 EDT 2016

These are my first experiences with LC 8 and Linux:

LiveCode 8.0 (rc1) Linux community 64 bit

Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 bit

Try to open the Dictionary.

First click on the dictionary icon: Nothing happens

Second click: A window opens with 2 tabs (API and Guide) but the window
is empty.

If I have a new stack opened (New stack/Default Size), then clicking the
dictionary icon: Nothing happens
Second click: A window opens with 2 tabs (API and Guide) but the window
is empty.

Then I try to close the new empty stack. A message box appears with
title 'livecodecommunity.x86_64' and the message 'something'.
The message box has no 'OK' button. I have to close it with the 'x'
system button.
When I try to close LiveCode the message box appears again (and so on).
I have to kill the livecode process.

Hmm. Has anyone else the same experiences with Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon
64 bit?

Best
Günter