Choose Browse Tool with click

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Apr 12 06:05:59 EDT 2016

If I understand what you're attempting, the following should get you
going, as long as you select an object immediately upon mouseDoubleDown.

Create a backScript with the following script:

on mouseDoubleDown
   choose pointer tool
end mouseDoubleDown

on selectedObjectChanged
   if the mouseControl is empty then choose browse tool
end selectedObjectChanged

When the pointer tool is enabled and you click between objects, you should
continue to select whatever is clicked, until clicking on the card, which
should then switch to the browse tool.

Note that the mouseDoubleDown trigger won't work with an unlocked field.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 4/12/16, 2:24 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Peter Bogdanoff"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of bogdanoff at me.com>