Slash S in shortcut

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Apr 6 20:42:38 EDT 2016

Hello!

I have a client who says they are getting a "the socket is closed" error when attempting to launch my LiveCode (7.0.1) EXE (which tries to download some files on launch).  The EXE runs fine on some of their computers but not on others.  I have many, many other clients that have no problem at all.  This is unique to this client.  After fiddling with it for sometime, they say they have a workaround:  If they create a shortcut to the exe, and change the name of the shortcut from "appName.exe" to "appName.exe /s" then it works fine.   Does this make sense to anyone?  What does this mean?

Thank you in advance,
-Dan