Error: Unable to open the database file

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 12:59:05 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Ray <ray at linkit.com> wrote:

> Richard - thanks for this advice.  It's really quite helpful.  We've
> abandoned the sqLite idea but I think mySQL should work fine.  The purpose
> of this database is to maintain an index of bug reports. The bug reports
> themselves are actually Livecode stacks.  The database will serve as an
> index to all bug reports.  The plan is to have just single table of about
> four columns; username, bug name, date, and status.  Hopefully it will stay
> this simple.

if it's a single "INSERT" or "UPDATE", I don't know of barriers to mySQL.
In my case, those are the exception.

I also try to keep my code such that I could switch back and forth, so I
have some IF s and SWITCHS  around in my live code to deal with those
differences.

> Since we'll be updating an entire record at a time I don't think the lack
> of dependency will ever be a problem, but let me know what you think.

If you only update the record, my concerns aren't there.  But if you want
to, perhaps, simultaneously update that record and "recents", or the
user's's history, or . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462