Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 6 02:38:18 EDT 2016

On 4/5/2016 10:26 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> But I do want to say that there's fascinating reading in
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/3518#issuecomment-205199749

It's only fascinating if you understand all the jargon. I read it and
came away with nothing but frustration. I have only the vaguest idea
what half those terms mean and the screen shots are confusing.

Where's this "guide" they talk about? And there's some kind of viewer?
Where? Where are Ali's instructions for using the web interface? It took
me forever just to find where the actual documentation files live. (Why
are the doc files in the *engine* category? Wouldn't one logically look
in the IDE category?)

Pointers to instructions should be located prominently somewhere,
ideally on the entry page. Github is a maze at best, novices shouldn't
have to hunt for elusive instructions. I'm pretty sure someone here will
give me a link, but that isn't going to help the next person.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com