Set Text to the Vertical Center of the field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 3 15:20:49 EDT 2016

On 4/3/2016 7:25 AM, -hh wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote
>> >When the "effective" keyword was first introduced, it applied to only a
>> >handful of properties. Over the years, additional ones were added. When I
>> >look in the dictionary, the keyword now shows what appears to be a
>> >comprehensive list of properties. However, none of the formatted*
>> >properties are listed.
>> >
>> >Have things changed so that any and all properties can now be "effective"?
> Certainly not. But yes, as "release-noted" the text-system
> and text-measurement ("formatted" infos) have changed a lot.
> Text-measurement in LC 7/8 is still unfinished and will change.

Right. Basically my point was that "effective" isn't noted for any of
the "formatted" properties and it needs to be documented. Most of the
other supported properties are there, so its omission is what actually
spurred my request for github help.

Using "effective" for formatted text isn't intuitive. "Effective" has
always meant "inherited" and fields can't really inherit text. Text can
be shared but that isn't the same thing, so in this case the usage is a
deviation from the norm. Not only that, but the results returned for
formattedHeight vs effective formattedHeight aren't what I'd expect, so
it needs an explanation.

Entries for textfont, textheight, etc. have references or syntax
examples that include "effective" but formatted properties have no hint
of it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com