Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 08:07:23 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Charles Warwick
<charles at techstrategies.com.au> wrote:

> There will be limitations on what I can do depending on the volume of
> requests that come through..., please
> feel free to contact me directly.

Charles, THANK YOU so much for offering, but can I suggest that
instead such requests are posted to this List with [DOCS] as a prefix
in the Subject. I think that would have three benefits:

1) You respond here that you're handling a request. If the load gets
too much, then other's might join in and pick up one's you've missed.
I hope I would occasionally be able to help.
2) You respond here that you've completed the PR. The Community here
gets to see that submissions are being made and actioned and hopefully
a snow ball effect will occur - with more people noticing and
submitting errors. No 1 will then become more important ;-)
3) It leaves a very public trail of what has already been picked up
and actioned. Just because a PR has been completed doesn't mean it
instantaneously appears in the Dictionary. So in much the same way
that people should search the QCC to see that a Bug they've noticed
hasn't already been submitted, anyone noticing a Dictionary error
should hopefully be able to search this List and see if a PR has
already been submitted.

Again, thank you for stepping up.