Script Only Stack Architecture

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 2 23:43:04 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Small addendum, now that I'm actually using them. Today, though I
 > had added them as stack files, my three external stack file
 > behaviors were still not in the message path.

That's contrary to my own experience, which I'd tested again to make
double-sure just the other morning before I posted the note about
stackFiles.

There must be something else going on.  Without seeing the complete
collection of stack files I'm unable to offer further advice on this.

 > Not clear to me yet exactly when and how you can trigger a save of
 > an external script only stack.

Have you tried the "save" command?

The other day I wrote:

    It may be helpful while demystifying this to work with ordinary
    stack files for your behavior scripts.  There's really no
    difference between ordinary stack files and script-only stack
    files beyond the storage format, but if nothing else sense
    you're already confident in your use of normal stacks it may
    help you focus on the things that may actually be the source of
    the problem.

You've had a wide range of issues to contend with, from file corruption
to mysterious plugins and more.  Give yourself a break for a day or two:
  get one thing working, and only then change something else.

Sorting out the behaviors would seem to merit attention.  If script-only
files are a distraction setting them aside and just using the binary
stacks you seem more comfortable with for now will let you focus on one
thing at a time.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems