Why isn't isoToMac anymore needed with LC 8 custom props?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 04:18:27 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
>  Am I right, that the text now is stored in Unicode in the
> custom property, when I save the file on windows and therefore I don't have
> to translate it anymore on Mac,

If by file you mean LC stack file then you're OK. If by file you mean
some other external document that your read from/write to, then you
should be aware of this Dictionary entry - see textEncode or
textDecode:

It is highly recommended that any time you interface with things
outside LiveCode (files, network sockets, processes, [databases] etc)
that you explicitly textEncode any text you send outside LiveCode and
textDecode all text received into LiveCode. If this doesn't happen, a
platform-dependent encoding will be used (which normally does not
support Unicode text).