Script Only Stack Architecture

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 1 19:45:18 EDT 2016

William Prothero wrote:
 > I think the salient points are the various ways of getting behaviors
 > to instantiate properly. There have been a number of ideas that all
 > seem to work. So what I suggest, is that a brief description of each
 > strategy (1-2 sentences) and a bit of sample code (where appropriate)
 > like the sample that Ali provided. The long discussions about message
 > paths, etc should be shortened to “just the beef”. The code snippets
 > that demo the “working” way to implement the strategy would then make
 > sure folks understood how to make it work.

Sounds good.  Who wants to write it?  And where should it go?

It's also worth noting that Ali's method is an uncommon one, useful in
the IDE and other somewhat specialized cases, but not ideal for many,
for the reasons I outlined earlier:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-April/225330.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin