IPV6...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 29 10:00:02 EDT 2015

Malte Brill wrote:
> Well, I just stumbled upon this:
>
> https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=08282015a <https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=08282015a>
>
> this might get serious even earlier than I thought…

We've all had plenty of notice about the limitations of v4 addresses,
going back more than a decade.  I believe the last of the v4 addresses
was finally assigned two weeks ago. at this point surprising no one.

It's been time for network systems to modernize for so long that I'd
always assumed the Kickstarter goal of a modernized networking layer had
that in mind.

I suspect Kevin's forthcoming announcement on IPv6 will reflect this
long-acknowledged need with a solid plan for a smooth transition.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems