What's everyone working on this month? (September 2015 edition)

Jim sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Sep 28 15:07:27 EDT 2015

Here's what I've been working on for some time - a bit vague but I need to
respect an NDA.

Working with a woman in the USA who is highly respected in her field,
a Ph.D. and was awarded Fellow recognition last year.

We are now applying for an IRB ( Institutional Review Board) with a well
known university. Once that is granted we commence a normative and
statistical analysis study.

Our product will be a huge improvement in accuracy and ease of use for a
wide range of professionals in the USA - then we adapt for Europe. The USA
target is approximately 500k licenses. The product runs on iOS and Android.

Before starting work I met with her here in Ireland for six weeks and
discussed how to approach the project. Over a year later we are now deep
into development.

I took this project on for several reasons - keeping my brain busy and the
potential rewards are the main reasons. But I make no money unless/until it
sells.

If it did well I'd be thrilled to finance some bits of LiveCode. But right
now there's no income.

Without LC it might mean double or triple development time and I'd surely
not be involved.

sims

--

On Monday, September 28, 2015, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm really interested to hear about what you're working on at the moment.
> The community always seems to have a huge, exciting and varied range of
> projects going on, and it's great to hear how people are using LiveCode for
> work, for hobbies, for learning or for play!
>

> I'll start:
>
> 1. I've been working on the HTML5 engine.  For the last couple of weeks,
> I've been focussed on getting LiveCode Builder (i.e. widgets) working in
> HTML5, and it's been an often rather frustrating business, because it's
> really hard to debug asm.js code running in the browser!  Every time I
> think I've nailed the last bug, another one jumps out of the woodwork.
> However, I'm feeling hopeful that by the time of the Global Jam next week,
> everyone will be able to use widgets in the browser.  And after that,
> commercial HTML5...
>
> 2. I've added a new test framework to the repository that lets us write
> script-only test stacks and run them automatically for every proposed
> change.  Now I need to get contributors to write tests!
>

> What have you been working on?
>
>                                      Peter
>
> --
> Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
> LiveCode Open Source Team
>
> LiveCode on reddit! <https://reddit.com/r/livecode>

Sent from my iPodo - it makes weird spelling sometimes :-P