Two mobile audio issues

Main Google gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:31:16 EDT 2015

Jacque

Replace this:

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
   ${APPLICATION_EXITS_ON_SUSPEND}

With this:

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
    <array>
    <string>audio</string>
    </array>

in the Settings.plist files at:

    /Applications/LiveCode <whatever version>.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/<all versions of the OS on devices and the simulator>

As noted you have to change the Settings.plist files for each version of iOS your app supports, and for both the device and simulator versions.

I haven’t tried this past LC version 6.7.7 so I can’t be held responsible for any harm it may cause you :)

BTW to also get location services working in the background you’d add:

   <key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
    <array>
    <string>location</string>
    </array>

You can have one or both audio and location services set to run in the background in the same app but Apple will smack your bottom if you have them in your plist but don’t use them in your app i.e. you might be tempted to just have them in there to make your app suspend rather than quit when the home button is pressed - don’t!

And I might have missed something (not doing any development right now) but will proper background operation EVER be available for LC iOS apps??? Have we heard anything from the mothership?

Cheers

Gerry