Why "Objects are only deleted on idle"?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:52:56 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> I'm having a hard time conceiving of a circumstance in which it's
> necessary o build a large number of objects only to delete them again in
> the same handler.

Printing.

I do this to bring my multi-pages output of forms.  The page is generated
with a locked screen, sent off to a pdf and the group containing them is
deleted.

I've found that it was *far* faster to create an output group (grp oGrp)
and copyboy output objects to it, than placing them directly on the card.
That is, delete is far faster to delete that one group than for deleting
several copied groups.

I welcome any cleanup of how delete is handled.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462