Mobile ftp

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Sep 21 09:16:45 EDT 2015

Hi John,

to upload a file by ftp  to an ftp server you need to add the username and password to the put statement and also if the  file is a ascii/text or a binary file
E.g.

put tData into URL”file:HERCOMESTHEUSERNAME:HERECOMESTHEPASSWORD at ftp.mymftpserver.com”

this put a text/ascii file into the root folder of the ftp account
put tData into URL”file:HERCOMESTHEUSERNAME:HERECOMESTHEPASSWORD at ftp.mymftpserver.com”

or to put the text file into an existing subfolder named “testupload” use

put tData into URL”file:HERCOMESTHEUSERNAME:HERECOMESTHEPASSWORD at ftp.mymftpserver.com/testupload/"

Replace file with binfile if you want to upload a binary file.

Regards,

Matthias