AW: AW: Why is LC text blurred on a retina display?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Sep 18 12:45:08 EDT 2015

Hi Mark,

I am sorry for my uncouth "broken". It was only for me "not usable"
Your improvements on the sort command really look very promising. Thank you
for caring about it!

The reason, why I can't use the AVFoundation is very specific to my
environment. All of our products are based on a set of 20000 sign language
videos, which were compressed and encoded 7 years ago with Sorenson squeeze.
Though the codec was a h.264, Sorenson put its own name "Sorenson Video 3"
into the header of the videos, which isn't accepted by AVFoundation and so
the videos can't be played by the AVFoundation player. Getting all native
videos out of the archive cutting and recompressing with a new codec has to
be done one day, but is actually a real big deal for us. And I can't update
the program anymore at the existing customer base, without exchanging all
videos (8GB), what isn't realistic as an update. I would have to release a
complete new version. And "if" I am heading this big task, it makes only
sense, if I am sure I can use the new videos also with a new LC video player
on Windows. So not being able to use AVFoundation isn't a technical issue,
"only" an organizational issue in our specific situation.
Thanks for asking
Tiemo