Geometry Manager - Anyone?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Sep 18 11:49:44 EDT 2015

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 4:06 PM, Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com> wrote:
>
> Any advice?
>
>> On Sep 17, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I was wondering what the status of the Geometry Manager is currently.
>> Does it work as expected, or is it broken?
>>
>> Do any of you use it?  Is it worth trying to make it work, or should I
>> just write my own routines to handle stack resizing situations?

Rick,

As far as I know the GM is good for simple rearranging of a few objects, but can quickly become overwhelmed by a complex layout. I, and I think many other developers, prefer to roll our own on a card-by-card basis. It can become tedious with lots of controls to arrange, but once it’s set up, it’s fast and reliable.

My $.02.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities