Launch on Android

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Sep 16 18:44:08 EDT 2015

Hello...  I'm looking to launch the Facebook app from my application.  On iOS, this works great:

launch url "fb://profile/##############"
if the result = "no association" then
  put "http://m.facebook.com/myFBName?ref=ts" into tUrl
  mobileControlCreate "browser","theBrowser"
  mobileControlSet "theBrowser","url",tUrl
end if

Basically, it tries to launch the Facebook app on the users device.  If it fails (likely because the FB app isn't installed), then it creates a browser and opens the Facebook page.

My question is, how can I do this on Android since "launch" isn't supported on Android?

Thanks in advance,
-Dan