[ANN] LiveCode External to validate the MAS Receipt

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Sep 15 18:05:14 EDT 2015

First i have to admit that i have no clue about c programing. I know that is a really good precondition for what i want to do….

I tried now with receigen.app. Creating the needed code with receigen is really easy, but the further steps are my problem.

fI i try to build according to the steps in the video, then i get errors and warnings. Most of the warnings tell me that there is deprecated stuff in the code, not in  the code created with receigen, but in the code provide in the xcode project.
And i get errors that “_stack” was not found. I assume that has to do with fact that i need to link to OpenSSL. At least that requirement can be found in the first comment lines of the created receigen.h file:
// This generated code has to be linked to OpenSSL (either statically or dynamically).

I will stop here. I wanted to publish my app for free in the app store and i know i can do it anway without this validation. But w/o that validation stuff i will publish it on my website instead.

What about the other Livecode apps in the Mac App store? Is no one doing such a validation?

And another thing. I see that receigen.app offers also to create such code for iOS.

Does that mean, that the iOS apps created with Livecode could be copied to and used on IOS devices of users who did not downloaded/purchased it with their apple id?

Regards,
Matthias