Release 6.7.7 RC 4 / 7.1.0 RC 3

Sebastien Nouat sebastien.nouat at livecode.com
Fri Sep 11 10:59:20 EDT 2015

Dear List Members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.7.7 RC 4 and 7.1.0
RC 3. This release fixes a regression introduced in LiveCode 6.7.7 RC 1
/ 7.1.0 DP 1: iOS applications compiled with 32-bit slice only would not
start on iPad 1.

*Getting the Release*
To get the release please download the installer directly at:
http://downloads.livecode.com

**6.7.7 Stable / 7.1.0 Stable **
The release of the next builds is planned to be done in the beginning of
next week.
Unless a new regression introduced in 6.7.7 or 7.1.0 cycle is reported,
this next release will be considered a stable maintenance release.

**6.7.8 RC 1 / 7.1.0 RC 1*
*The first release for the next maintenance cycle is planned to be done
next week.
Bugs reported against LiveCode 6.7 or LiveCode 7.x will be fixed in that
release, if their status is AWAITING_BUILD.

You can also follow our release schedule on our GitHub repository
<https://github.com/runrev/livecode/milestones>.

**iOS 9.0*
*With the next maintenance cycle planned to start next week, and Apple
releasing iOS 9.0 on the 16th of September, we would love to offer you
the ability to deploy on iOS 9.0 devices in this release.

However, Apple's decision of releasing Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) on
the 30th of September does not let us do so: it is not possible to
install Xcode 7.0 and iOS 9.0 SDK on Mac OS X 10.10, and by no means we
will install El Capitan Beta 6 on our build system.

We are targeting a release including iOS 9.0 deployment as soon as we
can; 1st or 2nd of October are certainly not out of question!

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team