Audio Delivery to Multiple Platforms

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Sep 11 00:29:40 EDT 2015

I posted this to the forums, but no replies

We want to deploy .mp3 file via standalones on all platforms.

I can't imagine that no one isn't doing this already.

Can you post a sample snippet?

I presume we need to test for each platform and then use a different
method. I don't really need a controller, just allow the users to stop
and star the audio... that would suffice.

in 7.1 RC1

play audioClip "someAudio.mp3"  # fails ... nothing but noise

setting "dontUseQT" to true and creating a player and assigning the file
name works... so at least we are no longer dependent on QT... as I think
the player is using the AVFoundation now...

But what about Windows, Android mobile and iOS.

If you have this done already, it would save me re-inventing the wheel.
There are enough of our audience that will not have a smart phone, that
I'll need to deploy this little app/audio module for desktop as well as
for mobile.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery