This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Wed Sep 9 03:06:40 EDT 2015

I'm sorry you felt it was passive-aggressively not accepted. It was meant
neither as passive-agressively <anything>, nor <anything> not accepted.

Indeed I have used almost the exact same wording in the past:
https://github.com/runrev/livecode-ide/pull/9

In that case it was a one-line bugfix in a stack that was the same in all
versions of the IDE, and so it was absolutely no trouble at all to
incorporate. Also it is a stack to which almost no changes are ever made,
and a change with foreseeably no side-effects.

This is a more complex change, an enhancement, to a stack that is different
in two versions of the IDE, to a stack far more central to the IDE.
Incorporating the contribution there involves more work (it would make
sense to scriptify as much of the script editor as possible at the same
time). If an engineer here has time to do that, that would be great.
However the maintenance workload here is pretty immense, and personally all
my time is being spent on the develop branches.

We can and do accept user inputs to three quarters of the files in our
repositories. One of your pull requests was merged into the IDE a couple of
weeks ago.