Goodbye stsMLXEditor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 3 12:56:08 EDT 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:

 > On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:13 AM Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> Peter Haworth wrote:
 >>>
 >>> The spell check algorithm catches that.
 >>
 >> Got one handy?
 >
 > Yep.  I guess it's not really a spell checker.  It compares two words
 > to figure out how close they are in spelling so I suppose a spell
 > checker might use it to suggest correct spellings from a dictionary
 > having detected a misspelled word.
 > Download setlocals from http://www.lcsql.com/free-stuff.html.  In the
 > main stack script, you'll find two handlers:
 > OptimalStringDistance and DamerauLevenshteinDIstance.  I found
 > OptimalStringDistance to be the best fit for this application but the
 > other one works too.

Thanks.  Seems very useful, but I couldn't find licensing info there.
What license is the code distributed undere?  Public domain, MIT, GPL,
something else?

It would be helpful if all of us included licensing info in code we
share so we can know how it can be used.

I'm still retrofitting licensing into some of my old stuff myself, so I
can appreciate the effort needed.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems