[OT] Atom Text Editor for Script Editiing - First Impressions

Ralf Bitter rabit at revigniter.com
Thu Sep 3 06:47:35 EDT 2015

> On 03.09.2015, at 02:06, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ralf,
>
> you say you restarted Atom and the snippet was there: Where? There are two
> locations for snippets in Atom as far as I'm aware:
>
> 1) Atom menu -> Open Your Snippets
>    This is empty for me because I haven't added any snippets... yet.
>
> 2) Packages menu -> Snippets -> Available
>    Of the ones listed I have:
>
>    legal
>    lorem
>    module
>    library
>    widget
>    if
>    ife
>    repeat
>    handler
>
> The inclusion of the 'handler' snippet suggests it's very much LiveCode
> orientated and I'm assuming part of the Language-Livecode/revigniter-syntax
> combination. But again, no 'switch' to be found.

Kay, if you see legal, lorem, module etc. this means that you
have chosen the "LiveCode Builder" syntax. In this case you
are right, there is no "switch" snippet.
In case you would like to write code for LiveCode server
you should choose "iRev". Then there is "switch" and lots of
other snippets.

Warm regards

Ralf