Compare numeric strings with leading zeros

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Sep 2 22:46:02 EDT 2015

How about comparing as an array?

From the LC Dictionary definition for “is":

When comparing arrays, the = operator first checks if the number of elements in each array is the same, if not the two arrays are different. If the arrays have the same number of elements, they are equal if each element is equal. Specifically this means:

array1 = array2 if (and only if):
  - the number of elements of array1 = the number of elements of array2 and
  - for each element e in array1, array1[e] = array2[e].

I haven’t tried it and you may run into the same problem.

Peter Bogdanoff