Options for playing mp3 on iOS

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Oct 28 15:34:40 EDT 2015

I have a small number of mp3 clips that I want to embed in my app and play on
demand.

I think that I have three choices, but I may be wrong:
	- audioClip
	- mobilePlaySoundOnChannel
	- a player object

Are any of these an out-of-the-box bad idea?  Is one of them a clear leader?
Or what are the pros and cons?

I'm interested in the pros and cons in general; but in this specific case it
may be relevant to note:
	- I don't need to give the user a controller (but don't object to it)
	- I do need to be able to programmatically stop the sound
	- I would like to be able to programatically adjust the volume

Thanks in advance for all wisdom shared!

Ben