Open Language and stability

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 07:03:46 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> So I guess what I am saying is that I really appreciate the difficulty of
> what the LC developers have done. I think the real key was to not try and
> create an entirely new application in the process of refactoring the
> existing code. Most people have no idea what it takes to write a really
> robust and functional application, never mind a development environment
> that can produce one!
>
> Thank you for that. I for one am only barely comprehending how
incomprehensible the entire task is.

As for the mention of cake, I'm surprised that Richmond hasn't assumed that
RR will be providing yellowcake and then point out that that has a half
life. The fact that it's 4 billion years is irrelevant to him bemoaning the
unethical behaviour of promising us cake that they already know has an end
of life.  ;-)

The assumptions, fantasies and paranoia that crop up every now and then on
this List is... well... amusing.

With each new announced version of LC that comes out I try to read the list
of Bugs fixed. I'm always impressed. One statistic that I've never seen,
and I think would be revealing, would be new Confirmed Bugs vs Bugs Fixed
since the last release. I guess you'd have to be careful about how the data
was presented - probably broken down to v7 and v8. Personally I'd expect
more new Bugs against v8 as it's DP and I wouldn't necessarily see that as
a bad thing, but the pessimists amongst us are likely to see it as a
portent to RR nefariously trying to force us all to write code without
synonyms. ;-)