parentheses within string break value()

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:13:26 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> put "SELECT foo FROM tTableName WHERE (bar > 7) AND (animal<>'cat');" into
> tSQL
> replace "tTableName" with tTableName in tSQL -- assuming tTableName
> contains the name of a real table
>
> Looks and reads a whole lot cleaner.

If it was all code, this would be cleaner indeed.

I'm trying to have a single-line custom property of a group that evaluates
to the correct query.

There are a great many groups to loop through, some with such a property,
others without.  Save for the table name, though, which varies by client,
the query is the same each time.

Jacqui's suggestion of merge has also lead me to getProp . . .

I suppose I could file a bug report for value()'s dictionary entry not
xrfeffing merge . . .

But I'm still bothered by value() not respecting quotation marks.  Except
for a couple of unix shells, this seems to be a unique handling of a string.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462