Implementing Open Language

Bruce Humphrey bhumphrey2 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 10:48:05 EDT 2015

Probably a stupid or newbie question, since I am a newbie, but in all the discussion about syntax consistency I haven't seen much talk about how to actually make it happen. I would think the first implementation point is with the script editor gate keeping the acceptable syntax/words/dictionary and recommending the "official" or preferred spelling/usage as it's typed. Type "highlight" and it flags it and recommends "hilite", etc. Leave the engine alone but start flagging preferences to move the user base to the preferred forms. Or maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.

Frankly I wish the little bugger (script editor) would provide the full phrase syntax requirements as I am constantly stuck with newbie errors in prepositions (using "in" instead of "with") or habitually using old HyperTalk structures that LiveCode chokes on. They make sense to ME.

Okay everyone: tear me a new one for wasting your time with the obvious or oblivious!

Bruce

Sent from my iPhone