What is "Open Language"?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sun Oct 25 04:14:09 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-25 01:17, Monte Goulding wrote:
> Well you've got a lot more experience with the engine and open
> language plans than me so if you say it's feasible and the cost
> benefit is sufficient to apply the resources rather than just working
> on the control structures in the engine then who am I to argue. Are
> the LCB control structures defined in LCB? If so I'll take a look and
> try implementing switch.

Hi Monte,

Unfortunately LiveCode Builder doesn't let you define custom block
syntax yet.

I'm not sure how that would work, exactly.  It might require LiveCode
Builder syntax definitions to become more macro-like.  I'm sure Mark
Waddingham is sitting on a big pile of good ideas on that front! :-)

                                             Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team