Keep Selection Focus When Switching to Substack

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Oct 25 01:44:50 EDT 2015

7.1 I am definitely losing my selection on touching the palette stack

BR

( from my mobile )

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 12:14 AM -0700, "Paul Hibbert" <paul at livecode.org<mailto:paul at livecode.org>> wrote:

On Oct 23, 2015, at 19:51, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org> wrote:

> I think I asked this before,
>
> but… is there a way to keep the selection when switching to a substack that is set to palette?
>
> The goal is to have buttons that operate on selected text, but in a separate stack.
>
> Brahmanathaswami

Which LC version on which platform?

I just tried LC 7 & 8 and it seemed to work OK, but in LC5.5.5 the focus was lost on switching to a palette stack.

Maybe as insurance you could put the selectedChunk into a global or custom property on suspendStack.

Paul