What is "Open Language"?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sat Oct 24 15:21:04 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-24 19:40, John Dixon wrote:
> Oh dear... it smacks of pidgeon english... with words like 'innit',
> 'blood' and 'bling' being included... to maintain a standard, perhaps
> there should be an 'Oxford English publication of acceptable words to
> be used in liveCode syntax'...

Yes, many of the core dev team are looking forward to replacing:

* color -> colour
* hilite -> highlight
* gray -> grey
* program -> programme

Spelling these keywords properly will be an important step forward in
ensuring accessibility and comprehensibility for the LiveCode scripting
language. It will greatly reduce the number of bugs and regressions in
our releases, thanks to reducing the core team developers' typo rate.

                                  Peter :-)

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team