Why there is a difference between the gps timestamp and "the seconds" ?

Ludovic THEBAULT ludovic.thebault at laposte.net
Sat Oct 24 05:49:53 EDT 2015

Hello,

With mobilecurrentlocation() we can get the timestamp : "the time at which the measurement was taken, in seconds since 1970."
if the same time i get "the seconds" ("The seconds function returns the total number of seconds since midnight, January 1, 1970 GMT.), I do not get back the same value, even if the coordinate change and seem to be good) :

timestamp : 1445675392
the seconds : 1445679061

This is not always the same offset, but it's always "big".

It is normal ?

Thanks