[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Oct 24 02:58:33 EDT 2015

> On 24 Oct 2015, at 2:25 am, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> Urgh, this is pretty broken in the 0.6.0.  I'll file an issue and try to make sure it's fixed for the next release.

I’ve submitted a fix for this and the indenting issues. There’s still a bit of a quirk with switch indenting because there appears to be no way to support the layout we are used to. The two choices we have that are bug free are:

No case indentation:

switch thing
   case thing1
   code
   break
   case thing2
   code
   break
end switch

or increase and decrease indent on case

switch thing
case thing1
   code
   break
case thing2
   code
   break
end switch

I have implemented the latter because I think it is more readable and helpful when scanning code. The way it was originally implemented it relied on break to decrease the indent so it would look like this:

switch thing
   case thing1
      code
   break
   case thing2
      code
   break
end switch

The problem here is the break should be part of the case block and if the developer wants continuation and therefore doesn’t use break the indentation gets messed up. It’s worthwhile noting that other language packages I looked at seem to use the no case indentation style but I’m not a fan… Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Monte