[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Oct 22 17:28:55 EDT 2015

> On 23 Oct 2015, at 8:19 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> How hard would it be to make a good text editor in LiveCode?

It might not be hard but probably take considerably more time than the time it takes to read this thread and has taken for @peter-b and contributors to put together the livecode language package for atom. It took much less time for me to develop the linter for example than I spend on debugging simple little syntax errors in livecode server scripts for example. The ROI was well worth it and with Atom covering the 3 desktop platforms it seemed a no brainer. I’m not doing much with LCB yet but I suspect getting live script errors in that will be a bit of a boon too. Whether folks use if as an alternative editor for stack scripts was not really my goal when making contributions but I’ve already found it useful for script only stacks.

Cheers

Monte