[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Oct 22 17:15:27 EDT 2015

> On 23 Oct 2015, at 3:17 am, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
>
> The script editor ( and TextMate) automatically indent after
> if/repeat/switch statements, Atom doesn't.  I know it has snippets that
> will insert a complete if block with indentation but if I simply type an if
> statement followed by return, no indentation.

This should be possible.

> The other one is if I press the tab key in the IDE Script Editor, all my
> code is properly indented and aligned.  I would guess that's too specific
> for Atom to be able to handle, but I miss that feature.

One problem here is tab is used to jump to fields in auto-completed snippets. It should be feasible to have some other key combo trigger a re-indent of the file. It may be that atom already has a standard key combo for this… In most IDEs this is a contextual menu option rather than a standard behavior. I image if you were in a team and using different editors that had slight differences in the re-ident behavior then it would make a real mess of you git history…

Cheers

Monte