SQLite: how to open existing database in memory

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 21 11:25:41 EDT 2015

This is a good example of how sqlYoga can help. You could create two database objects, query the disk based database for all the records in a table using the disk based object, then insert the records using the memory based object. If the databases are not very large it shouldn't take that long.

But I think your idea of using a file copy method is the best way. I used to do that with the Spiceworks database because the Spiceworks system would periodically open the database and since it is really a single user system opening it directly could cause problems with Spiceworks. I just did a simple file copy and worked with the copy.

Bob S