[OT] Mac/Window duopoly assumptions

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Oct 20 13:42:34 EDT 2015

On 10/20/2015 1:27 PM, Richmond wrote:
> Some of us are neither, and resent this kind of 'push' that makes all
> sorts of
> unwarranted assumptions about what we run on our computers, why we run
> it,
> and what we do with it.

It it absolutely your prerogative to be ticked off.

Just as it is the prerogative of software vendors to offer software on
the platforms that represent the majority of perspective customers. With
Linux at 1.74% and "Other" at 4.66% of the desktop market, most vendors
are not going to foot the development costs for a Linux version.
Especially if they choose development languages and tools that do not do
multi-platform builds like LiveCode. Even then everyone on this list
knows that LC still doesn't delivery the same parity of features to
Linux that you have under OSX and Windows.

Market Share Source:
https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0