LC8 Geometry Manager

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 01:00:27 EDT 2015

It appears to be a 'smart' option.

If your field is large enough and contains data that could be interpreted
as a table then when you select the field the property inspector gives you
an extra 'table' tool. So for me, a couple of one line fields I have when I
select the property inspector the third tool across the top is 'Colors',
but if I select a large field with multiple lines of formatted text in it,
the third tool becomes the 'Table' tool and Colors and the rest are moved
to the right.

As for the GM I don't see it, but in the Object menu there is an 'Align
Selected Controls' option that may help.

As a side note, when I select multiple items, in LC8 the details of the
last selected item is displayed in the property inspector. I think this is
dangerous, this is not how previous versions worked, LC recognised you had
multiple items selected and I think automatically displayed the GM tab; you
could manually select, say the Content tab but the details would be blank
because sensibly, with multiple items, it's impossible to display the
contents of multiple items.