Quicktime in Windows 10?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Oct 19 18:00:18 EDT 2015

On 10/19/2015 5:44 PM, Klaus major-k wrote:
> QuickTime is dead, I’m afraid, so hopefully we'll see a new crossplatform
> audio/video widget in the near future.

Well QT is not dead. It runs and works under Windows (XP to 10) and OSX
(through El Capitan). It's just that Apple will not provide any
support/new releases IF some part of it stops working under some future
OS change, so there is risk that QT could stop working with the next
Apple or Microsoft OS patch. QT might still work under Windows 11 and
OSX 10.12 OR a minor security update to either OS could break QT for
good tomorrow.