Difference between mobilesensorReading, mobileCurrentLocation and locationChanged

Ludovic THEBAULT ludovic.thebault at laposte.net
Sat Oct 17 09:16:48 EDT 2015

Hello

I’m lost between these 3 methods to get GPS coordinates.

Why the dictionary put as example :

on locationChanged
   put mobileCurrentLocation() into theLocation
   updateMapPosition theLocation -- update the marker on the map showing the current location
end locationChanged

It is not redondant with

on locationChanged pLatitude, pLongitude, pAltitude
 …

end locationChanged

And if we want to get the coordinates manually, time to time, is mobileCurrentLocation() is a better way than mobilesensorReading(« location ») ?

Also, on android, it seem we cannot start a tracking, stop the tracking then start a new tracking some time later. It’s the first location that is returned… Except if we quit the app
PS : the stack of the GPS lesson (compass-2) crash on android when you do that. (livecode 6.7.7)

Thanks for your lights !

Ludovic