Sockets

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 22:24:01 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Eric Corbett <eric at canelasoftware.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Dr. Hawkins, I’ll look that up. Does your code have both computers
> doing an “accept connection on port …”? And is the port different on each
> computer or the same? Maybe I’ll have my answer from a code audit.

Master accepts the connection, and slave initiates with openSocket.

Each has a field.  Type into the field, hit return, and it messages the
other.

So once you open, slave writes to the socket, triggering "gotAMsg
theTextofTheMessage" on master.  Similarly, Master can write to the socket,
triggering a message on slave.

If one of these handlers, for example, decides that it got a query, it can
write to the socket to respond, triggering the handler on the other, and so
forth,

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462